Home About Us Worship Bulletin & Newsletter Ministries Committees Photos
History-Past & Present
 
Trinity Lutheran Church - History Timeline
 
1950’s
June 10, 1955             Trinity Lutheran Church - 1st meeting at Margaret Maniece School
                                   Student Pastor Phillip Bigelow
March 7, 1956             Trinity Lutheran Congregational Meeting
March 18, 1956           Rev. T.C. Peterson acting as supply pastor
May 21, 1956              Joined the United Lutheran Synod in Iowa
1956                           Start of Luther League & United Lutheran Church Women
1956                           109 Members
May 21, 1956              Rev. Robert Karsten
May 12, 1957              11:30 AM Church-Site Groundbreaking
June 16, 1957             Items placed in cornerstone
December 1957           Sanctuary and education/fellowship hall units were dedicated at the
                                   church’s present location.
1958                           John Meyer Pastor
1958                           Junior & Senior Choir began
 
1960’s
1960                            United Lutheran Church Men
1961                            Weekly Adult Bible Study
1961                            Rev. David Samuelson, Interim Pastor - then pastor until 1967
1964                            Start of Altar Guild
1964                            Property Committee started
1967                            Pastor Joseph Berquist, Interim Pastor
1967                            Pastor Karl Nelson
1968                            Presbyterians, Episcopalians, Lutherans, & St. Patrick's started a coffee house for youth.
                                    - Hampton House
1969                            Purchased house at 813 N. 6th Street which served as parsonage
 
1970’s
1971                            Pastor Gabel, Interim Pastor
Feb. 1, 1972                 Pastor Paul Wiegman
1973                            Remodeling of kitchen & main entrance glass doors, pastor’s study,
                                    Sacristy, and worship area
1973                            Couple’s club was started
1976                            20th Anniversary of Organization
1978                            Linda Wiegman heads youth education
 
1980’s
1981                            Taped ministry to shut-ins begins
1981                            25th Anniversary
1982                            8 stained glass windows given for sanctuary
1983                            Fellowship hall was enlarged and classroom space added
1989                            Completion of Christian education addition, along with remodeling of the
                                    main entryway, the hard surfacing of the sanctuary ceiling
1989                            Gift of pipe organ by Pastor Paul & Linda Wiegman
 
1990’s
1990                            New Education Addition built
1990                            Handbell choir began (handchimes)
1995                            Parsonage purchased by Pastor Paul and Linda Wiegman
April 2, 1995                Groundbreaking new church building.  Major building project undertaking which includes
                                    a large expansion of the sanctuary and the addition of a balcony, two offices, and new
                                    entryway.
1996                            The first worship service in the new sanctuary was on Easter Sunday, April 7, 1996,
                                    with the Service of Dedication held on Sunday, May 5, 1996.
1997                            New top for bell tower by Steve Schroeder
 
2000’s
2000                            Started Souper Bowl of Caring and World Hunger Appeal and Emmet
                                    County Food Pantry support
2000                            Start of Coop Youth and Family Ministry Task Force with Estherville
                                    Lutheran, Redeemer Lutheran, Wallingford and Rural Immanuel Lutheran
                                    Churches with Steve and Carol Meier
2001                            A new kitchen addition was constructed, with the space occupied by the
                                    old kitchen turned into increased fellowship hall space.
2002                            New appearance of front entrance, pavers, benches, planter boxes
2003                            Landscaping around the kitchen addition
                                    An outdoor memorial worship area was developed and landscaped
2004                            New dishwasher for kitchen, landscaping of outdoor altar
2005                            New Bose sound system.
                                    New Trinity Youth Group formed with Derrick
                                    & Kaimy Roskam
2006                            Trinity’s 50th Anniversary
2006                            A maintenance/storage garage was constructed
2010                            Church bus purchased
 
2010’s
2011                            New outdoor sign
2013                            3,000 Square Foot Christian Education expansion project finished
2015                            Pastor Paul Wiegman, Retirement after 43 years of service-May 31
                                   Pastor David Christenson, Intentional Interim Minister began June 15
                                                                         (Accepted call to Morris, MN in October)
                                    Pastor Peter Rosenkvist, Intentional Interim Minister began November 1
                                                                         (Accepted call to Pequot Lakes, MN in June)
June 22, 2016              Call Committee Established:  Roxanne Budach, Emma Christensen, Lisa
                                  Dreeszen, Rick Hecht, Jerry Phillips, Robyn Swisher, Marty Domek
June 2016                   Roof Replacement by 5 Star Roofing (due to hail storm)
August 28, 2017          Call issued to Rev. Cole R. McCormick to be the next minister of Trinity Lutheran
                                  Church.  He accepted our call on October 6, 2016.
November 2016           Pastor Cole R. McCormick arrives at Trinity on November 29, 2016
January 8, 2017          Pastor Cole R. McCormick was installed as minister of Trinity Lutheran Church by
                                 Rev. Jeff Ungs, Assistant to the Bishop
December 3, 2017      The church's mortgage was burned.